People like Ben Affleck really deserve a big salvo for their honesty. On the other hand, people like Bill Maher need som education. The fact that Maher don’t even take a minute and use it to really look into Islam through the Quran and the Teachings of The Prophet (pbuh), but instead of using the media (these so-called facts) that only show muslims as terrorists just sickens me. His ”knowledge” of Islam just shows his lack of humility, wisdom and most importantly honesty. He’s clearly blinded by his ignorance.
Ben Affleck did a great job defending Islam, but the debate would’ve actually been better if they invited a young Muslim woman or a man who knows what’s is a fact and what’s not. The debate would make more sense since they were talking about Islam.
3. It is forbidden in Islam to oversimplify Shari’ah matters and ignore established Islamic sciences.
4. It is permissible in Islam [for scholars] to differ on any matter, except those fundamentals of religion that all Muslims must know.
5. It is forbidden in Islam to ignore the reality of contemporary times when deriving legal rulings.
6. It is forbidden in Islam to kill the innocent.
7. It is forbidden in Islam to kill emissaries, ambassadors, and diplomats; hence it is forbidden to kill journalists and aid workers.
8. Jihad in Islam is defensive war. It is not permissible without the right cause, the right purpose and without the right rules of conduct.
9. It is forbidden in Islam to declare people non-Muslim unless he (or she) openly declares disbelief.
10. It is forbidden in Islam to harm or mistreat—in any way—Christians or any ‘People of the Scripture’.
11. It is obligatory to consider Yazidis as People of the Scripture.
12. The re-introduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus.
13. It is forbidden in Islam to force people to convert.
14. It is forbidden in Islam to deny women their rights.
15. It is forbidden in Islam to deny children their rights.
16. It is forbidden in Islam to enact legal punishments (hudud) without following the correct
procedures that ensure justice and mercy.
17. It is forbidden in Islam to torture people.
18. It is forbidden in Islam to disfigure the dead.
19. It is forbidden in Islam to attribute evil acts to God.
20. It is forbidden in Islam to destroy the graves and shrines of Prophets and Companions.
21. Armed insurrection is forbidden in Islam for any reason other than clear disbelief by the ruler and not allowing people to pray.
22. It is forbidden in Islam to declare a caliphate without consensus from all Muslims.
23. Loyalty to one’s nation is permissible in Islam.
24. After the death of the Prophet, Islam does not require anyone to emigrate anywhere.Let the people know that Islam does not promote terrorism. Thank you for your time. Source: Mohammed Zeyara – Facebook page The letter: http://lettertobaghdadi.com/index.php